Thursday, August 5, 2010

GALATIANS II (Galatians 2:11)




I HAVE A LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH PAUL

I FIND HIM TIRING

BOASTFUL

ALWAYS RIGHT



SAY GOOD MORNING

HE GIVES YOU A LECTURE

ON THE WEATHER



BUT CAPABLE

OF AN INCANDESCENT BEAUTY

OF LANGUAGE



SO WHEN HE SAYS

I WITHSTOOD CEPHAS

TO HIS FACE

I IMMEDIATELY

THOUGHT

OF LUTHER’S ADMONITION



We should fear and love God that we may not deceitfully belie, betray, slander, or defame our neighbor, but defend him, [think and] speak well of him, and put the best construction on everything.



I FURTHER THOUGHT

HE’S TALKING OUT OF BOTH SIDES

OF HIS MOUTH

FOR IN ROMAN’S HE SAID



If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love





AND IN CORINTHIANS HE SAID





Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall





SO IF CEPHAS

IS FOLLOWING PAUL

IS ACTING OUT OF CHARITY

I FIND PAUL AT FAULT



BUT CEPHAS

WITH PAUL’S FINGER IN HIS FACE

HOW DOES HE ACT



THIS POOR DUMB FISHERMAN

THIS POOR DUMB EVERYMAN



HE LISTENS

HE DOES NOT REACT ANGRILY

HE LISTENS AND AGREES

NO LOUD ARGUMENTS

OF BEING RIGHT



THOUGH HE'D RATHER

PAUL

HAD HEEDED

THE MASTER’S VOICE

WHEN HE SAID



If your brother sins, reprove him in private





FRANK A VOLLMER

No comments:

Post a Comment