Saturday, July 17, 2010

Studying Religious Texts (Job 29) (Micah 6:8)



I GROW WEARY

STUDYING RELIGIOUS TEXTS



STUDYING THE MINUTE DIFFERENCES

IN RELIGIOUS SECTS



AND WONDER

WHAT DOES IT MATTER

HOW MANY ANGELS

ARE ON THE HEAD OF A PIN



DOES IT MATTER

IF IT’S THE SHARP END



IT SEEMS SO MUCH

LIGHTNING

AND THUNDER

WHEN WE REALLY NEED

LIFE GIVING RAIN



I AM REMINDED

OF WHAT

MICAH SAID



He has showed you, O man, what is good.

And what does the LORD require of you?

To act justly and to love mercy

And to walk humbly with your God.



OR JOB

WHEN HE SAID

I rescued the poor who cried for help





The fatherless who had none to assist him.

The man who was dying blessed me;





I made the widow's heart sing.

I put on righteousness as my clothing;





Justice was my robe and my turban.

I was eyes to the blind





And feet to the lame.

I was a father to the needy;





I took up the case of the stranger.

I broke the fangs of the wicked





And snatched the victims from their teeth.





SOMEHOW

I THINK

THAT ALL THE TENETS

OF RELIGION

ARE MEANINGLESS

UNLESS THEY’RE BACKED UP

WITH ACTION



KNOWLEDGE OF THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

MEAN NOTHING

UNLESS I TRY

TO LIVE UP TO THEM



IF I AM REQUIRED

TO HONOR GOD

I DO IT BY HONORING CREATION





FRANK A VOLLMER

No comments:

Post a Comment